caledonia county - chamberlin cb
Lyndon Center, VT
WGN Number: 45-03-04
The Chamberlin Bridge, once an open span, was covered in 1881. Standing high over the South Wheelock Branch of the Passumpsic River, it was one of the few spans not carried away by the great flood of 1927. The white gables bridge still serves light traffic.
Our thanks to the Town of Lyndon and the Village of Lyndonville for allowing the posting of the Vermont Covered Bridge Society Welcome patch. For more information about the Lyndon area visit their website at www.lyndonvt.org.
Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 1989Return to top Joe Nelson, P.O Box 267, Jericho, VT 05465-0267 This file posted 09/17/2014